ISN Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is a Brokerage? Why are Brokerages called Brokerages?

Brokerages are the result of a lawsuit several families brought against the State of Oregon at the end of the 1990s. Over 5,000 people had been on waitlists for community-based services for many, many years. The lawsuit (Staley v. Kitzhaber) resulted in the Staley Agreement. This allowed for the creation of brokerage services in Oregon, providing additional case management and resources to individuals and families in need.

2. When I start with ISN, will I still have a County Case manager?

No, your ISN Personal Agent at the brokerage will now be your case manager when you transfer. You have the right to receive case management services from either ISN or your county.

3. If I don’t like my Personal Agent, am I able to change to a different one?

If things are not working out between you and your PA, we encourage you to discuss with your PA what isn’t working for you. If that doesn’t resolve the issues to your satisfaction, or you’re uncomfortable with having the conversation, you can always call the ISN administrative office and request to talk to a supervisor, or the Senior Program Director. We want to ensure that you have a voice in the way you’re receiving your services and want to help ensure you have the right fit.

4. What is an ISP?

An Individual Support Plan (ISP) is the written details of the supports, activities, and resources that an individual, Personal Agent or Service Coordinator, and other people of the individual’s choice agree are important to or for achieving and maintaining personal outcomes. The ISP is developed annually (at minimum) and can be changed and updated throughout the year to reflect changes in your life.

5. What if I want to change my ISP?

Please call your PA and they will help you update your plan to reflect the changes you want. Your plan is all about you and making a change is easy.

6. How many people are on PA caseloads?

We strive to keep our caseloads at 35 individuals per PA.

7. How can I connect with other individuals served by ISN?

ISN has quarterly events called Friendship Connections which allow for you to have fun, get to know ISN staff, and other individuals and families served by ISN. You are also welcome to participate in our Policy Oversight Committee, which also meets on a quarterly basis. For more information, check out the Policy Oversight Committee and Friendship Connection tabs on our website, and ask your Personal Agent for information.

8. How do I become an individual served by ISN?

Before you can enroll in the ISN Brokerage, you must be eligible for and enrolled in the Developmental Disability (DD) services through your local County Developmental Disability Program (CDDP). The CDDP is responsible for determining eligibility for DD services, including brokerage services.

You are eligible for brokerage services if you are a resident of Oregon, aged 18 years or older, have a documented developmental disability, and live on your own or in your family home. Your county Community Developmental Disability Program (CDDP)  decides eligibility. The worker in your county will help with the necessary papers you need and help you through the eligibility process. 

To find out if you are eligible for services, please contact your county Community Developmental Disability Program (CDDP) office.

9. What is a Personal Support Worker and how do I become a Personal Support Worker?

A Personal Support Worker (PSW) is an unlicensed support provider hired by the person receiving services or their legal representative to provide supports in the person’s own home, family home, or in the community. All providers are licensed or qualified through the Department of Human Services (DHS). Integrated Services Network assists with this process as part of our contracted role with Oregon Department of Disability Services. 

To obtain more information about becoming a provider, contact our Provider Coordinator at (503) 856-7038.

10. What if I am not happy or have a complaint about my services?

If you are unhappy with your brokerage or provider services, there are both informal and formal ways to resolve your problems. You may file an informal complaint by discussing your problem with the Brokerage Director to resolve the issue. Or you may file a formal complaint. Whether you decide to file an informal or formal complaint, someone you choose may assist you and act on your behalf.

Translate »